RSS Follow Become a Fan

Recent Posts

Menno Kroon
Announcing my first live show of 2014!
The Singing Harpist in the Houses of Parliament!
London 2012 - The StageUp Project
Err, where did December go?
powered by

My Blog

London 2012 - The StageUp Project

London has been swarming with Olympic visitors for the past few weeks, so the lovely people at TFL/London Overground thought it would fun to host some live music at a few East London stations out towards the Olympic Park. They gave the brief to the Sound Tracks Festival folk (who I played for last summer) and StageUp was born. I invited my friends from MidTea along for some fun and filming.

First stop was the entrance to Hackney Central, much to the amusement/shock of some...

The Singing Harpist, StageUp, London 2012

The Singing Harpist, StageUp, London 2012

Then it was one stop along to a windy platform at Homerton station where I picked up some fans who applauded from their balcony high above us, and made a girl miss her train - sorry about that :) Here's me trying out my new cover of 'Video Games' by Lana Del Rey. It was the first time I'd played it from memory so there's a few fluffs, but hopefully you get the idea!

You need Flash Player in order to view this.
Jharda - Video Games (Lana Del Rey harp cover) [StageUp Station Session]

I finshed up at Hackney Wick where the Olympic spirit had really taken hold - I had the great pleasure of announcing that Team GB had won another medal, and we all cheered on a man running to make his train with as much enthusiasm as if he were Farah or Bolt :) SO MUCH FUN. Big thanks to TFL, London Overground, Sound Tracks Festival, Jon Barker, Radek Bajenski and Paul Woods.

The Singing Harpist, StageUp, London 2012

6 Comments to London 2012 - The StageUp Project:

Comments RSS
houston custom integrators on 27 September 2012 06:02
I have visited London is really a very wonderful place in the world. I like these collections of pics. Thanks for excellent input!
Reply to comment

teenage mutant ninja turtles on 29 September 2012 14:08
Beautiful article!! hey, are you know that some days ago i went to the London. London is really too beautiful country. i was stayed many days. but i will go there again.
Reply to comment

blog on 06 October 2012 14:15
Thanks for sharing these info with us! this is a great site. I really like it. Thank you for the site. May God bless you in all your works.
Reply to comment

triangle on 08 October 2012 22:33
Very interesting many thanks, I presume your readers would likely want more reviews along these lines continue the great effort.
Reply to comment

pashmina on 16 October 2012 19:50
A very informative site. The way you have share this information is really very appreciative. Hope to see more on this topic here. Thanks for posting this information here.
Reply to comment

animatievideo on 06 July 2014 11:54
Outstanding performance! I saw this entire video attentively and thinking that how beautifully she is doing that and everybody thundered by listening her music. So much more things she deserve and hope that she will get reward for this very early. Just keep on:)
Reply to comment